Hello! I’m Marz.
For the purposes of this blog, my family’s names have been changed. My kids have names from cartoons and my husband chose the name Lance due to his fondness for Lance Armstrong (it’s a cyclist thing). Max is my 6 year old son. Then there is Diego and Dora, my 4 year old boy/girl twinnies.
I want to be able to talk about a range of topics in this blog, because I want to include all aspects of my life, not just the mommy part of it. So it is not a mommy blog, it is a personal blog. :) I think it’s important to maintain other interests than just your kids. Maintaining one’s individuality is important. I can see how a lot of parents (mostly moms) lose themselves to that role, because it is nonstop and 24 hours a day. But the best parents (in my opinion) are those that can offer their kids life education by ‘living’ and not just getting lost in caring for others and not themselves. This is one way that I maintain my passion for writing, reading, music, art, photography, my other interests, and sharing my experiences. I am a very open person and look forward to what will happen as this blog grows.
I’d also like to say thank you! for visiting my blog. There are more than 156 million blogs in the world (according to Wikipedia) and for you to be reading mine is really awesome! I thrive on connecting with others and encourage any feedback or comments that you might have. Do not mistake this as an invitation for negative, condescending, cyber bullying because I will not tolerate it and will delete you in a New York second. I am all about authentic, positive energy and sharing with others. Sharing is caring people!
Some info about me:
- I am 37. An age I never thought I’d get to.
- I’m a Sagittarius. If you don’t know, look it up.
- I’m a licensed esthetician and I work as a freelance makeup artist as well. I love all things beauty and considered doing a beauty blog instead of this one.
- I have 4-year-old b/g twins and a 6year-old boy. I never knew I was a candidate for twins until after my ‘diagnosis’. My grandfather had twin sisters but one had passed away at birth (I had no idea). All three kids have red hair and are 1/4 Asian which makes for a nice mix!
- Two of the most special souls in my life have left me. My cat, Tigger after 15 yrs and my pit bull mix dog, Akira after 14 years. I had them both since they were 8 weeks old. I think about them both every single day. A lot. A whole lot.
- My husband is my best friend and I am lucky to have such a patient, hands on father for my children. The kids act like he is a celebrity everyday and Max is obsessed with him. I, however, am nothing special around here.
- I’ve always wanted to be a writer of some kind although I have no formal training. I’ve kept a journal my whole life and stopped around age 25. I began to journal again when I was pregnant w/Max but then stopped after his birth. I still plan on writing the book I have always dreamed of.